19/02/2019

Silver Slider




Finally get the printer dialed in for this white material, it's like nylon fishing wire, printing at 210, but I have a feeling it needs a little more heat, i'll be happier when it's all gone, thought it might be good for some arty pieces with moody lighting but the time it takes to print something big means I must really want the object/item...and so far that must have item eludes me...


The building really shouldnt have been started without all the parts needed but half the fun is putting it together to see what parts you need or are short of, and now some of those bits have been made and some arrived in the mail, I'm faced with leaving it as is to test or rebuilding with the new bits, mostly nuts...but I also had a spare wide rail. If I used one wide rail instead of the two above, it means I could probably make another printer with those parts, and have a much neater minimal machine, with a lower profile bed, 30mm lower. Decisions Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment